If you can’t get enough of chicken rice, read on.
For Hainanese chicken rice to be good, it has to be silky smooth. The chicken at Ming Kee isn’t only silky smooth, it’s icy cold like from the fridge. That makes the chicken rice there special. Not to forget the sauce isn’t just a flat taste. Rice we had wasn’t too soft, neither was it too dry – just good.
Last week I went with a friend at around 8pm and we didn’t really have to queue. Be warned that there’s always a long queue there during peak hours. At that hour, they ran out of braised chicken feet, which I heard it’s very nice as well.
Ming Kee Chicken Rice may not be the best in Singapore but one of the better ones I had. Where else have you had better ones?
What did we order?
We paid $15 for the 2 of us.
- Half a chicken – it’s really considered a lot for 2, especially when the chicken isn’t small
- 2 bowls of rice
- 1 small plate of bean sprouts (taugay)
- White chicken rice is nice! – Wee-Lit L.
- Always long Q! Potion of chicken is amazing, thick chunk of slice meat top with nice juicy gravy! – Clement T.
- The chicken are specially cooled to lock in the freshness and juiciness. It will be a waste if u dun try. – Wendy K.
This place is just a 5 mins stroll from Bishan MRT. It’s located in Kim San Leng Food Centre.
511 Bishan St 13, #01-522
Let us know if you enjoyed chicken rice there okay?